John Forrest National Park
The majority of Perth Trails are limited by distance and here's a fantastic opportunity to test your endurance and get in a full day's walk. The walk passes through John Forrest National Park, with its waterfalls, abundant flora and fauna and the only historical railway tunnel in WA. Discover the history and character of the many charming Perth Hills’ villages that evolved alongside the railway line such as Darlington, Parkerville and Mundaring. The trail is solid and firm, and the gradient is steady but gentle. There's plenty of opportunities to stop and catch your breath at one of the many BBQ, picnic spots, cafes or historic taverns that are dotted along the trail.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- A safe walking experience with our insured, licensed professional guide
- Local knowledge about the landscape, cultural history and flora and fauna of your surroundings
- A cuppa on the trail
- Guides carry emergency communication devices and first aid kits for your safety so you can relax and enjoy the scenery
WHAT DO I BRING ON THIS WALK
- Water - at least 2-3 litres per person
- Hat and sunscreen
- Jacket, rain and/or warmer depending on weather
- Wear comfortable clothing and sturdy enclosed footwear
- Walking poles - not essential but if you have them please bring them
- Snacks and lunch to enjoy along the walk
- A cup for a hot drink along the trail
- Camera to record your walking memories
ARE THERE BATHROOMS
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL FEES
IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE
There is ample parking at the two carparks located on Swan Road.
We will meet in the park near the old Swan View train station which is next to the bottom carpark.
25 Swan Rd, Swan View WA 6056, Australia
HOW DIFFICULT IS THE WALK
This is a Grade 1 trail which has a flat even surface with no steps or steep sections.
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY
a. Cancellations received over 7 days in advance will receive a full refund or credit towards another event.
b. Cancellations received 2-7 days prior will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
c. No-shows and cancellations received within 2 days of event will incur a 100% cancellation fee
d. If you wish to transfer your booking to someone else please let us know at email@example.com
e. All bookings are made via Rezdy within the Off The Grid 365 website. Rezdy fees are non-refundable.
f. Minimum numbers for all Events/Activities are 4 participants.
g. If Off The Grid 365 Pty Ltd cancels an event due to not meeting minimum numbers or inclement weather, you have the option to attend the next date for that event, use the amount paid towards another event or receive a full refund.
h. It is your responsibility to contact us if you wish to receive a refund for any cancelled or postponed event, or your ticket will automatically be rescheduled with the new event date.
Full booking terms and conditions can be found at this LINK